2017 Conference Updates:
Overview from Executive Director, Michele Manion
Psychosocial Aspects of PCD, Vance
PCD is on the Move!
Join us each year for our clinical and scientific conference on primary ciliary dyskinesia. In keeping with our theme of ‘PCD on the Move!’ this conference is an information-packed meeting highlighting exciting advances in PCD diagnosis and treatment. Take part in the journey as we map out the next steps to accelerate research in PCD!
This year we are in in beautiful Minneapolis, Minnesota at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis Northstar Downtown, for the fourth annual conference!
(1) Enable attendees to optimize clinical care of patients with PCD by providing education, access to experts and hands-on learning opportunities for recent advances in PCD to include:
A. Improved diagnostic capabilities (nasal nitric oxide, reading biopsies, genetic
B. Evolving gene identification
C. Novel phenotypic features/overlapping syndromes
D. Basic science initiatives that inform our understanding of motile cilia disorders
(2) Encourage expansion of existing clinical care and research networks with the goal of accelerating clinical research trials
(3) Identify clinical research opportunities and prioritize research goals
Who Should Attend:
- Existing PCD clinical centers personnel
- Representatives from academic centers interested in becoming part of the PCD network
- Local/regional clinicians/researchers
- Allied health professionals and scientists with an interest in PCD
Current Draft Agenda: Pcd on the move 2017 Draft Agenda V4 6 13 17 LE edits
Hotel Accommodations: For hotel information and to book a room for the event please click here!
Call for abstracts: Abstract and Case Report requirements can be found here: Abstracts 2017.