Board of Directors
In 2002, Michele Manion and Lynn Ehrne co-founded the PCD Foundation, and since filled out the board with stellar leadership committed to accomplishing the mission – finding a cure for PCD.
PCD Foundation Leadership
The PCD Foundation relies on the leadership of a Board of Directors comprised of parents and patients directly affected by PCD. This board is responsible for ensuring proper management of finances, operations and grant-making programs to advance our mission and goals. The board sets the strategic direction and oversees foundation governance as set forth in our incorporation documents and policies.
The PCDF Board of Directors is engaged in day to day management of the activities of the PCDF. In addition, for input and guidance in specialty areas, we rely on expert advice from our Medical and Scientific Council (MSAC) and our non-medical Advisory Council (AC).
Medical & Scientific Advisory Council
The PCDF Medical and Scientific Advisory Council (MSAC) provides guidance and recommendations to the PCDF related to clinical, scientific and research-related activities. This distinguished panel of PCD experts represents a broad spectrum of expertise in both basic and clinical sciences.
- Michael Knowles, MD, Chair, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Margaret Leigh, MD, Vice Chair, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Steven Brody, MD, Washington University, St. Louis
- Stephanie Davis, MD, Indiana University
- Thomas Ferkol, MD, Washington University, St. Louis
- Carlos Milla, MD, Stanford University
- Heymut Omran, MD, University of Muenster, Germany
- Andrew Pennell, PhD
- Margaret Rosenfeld, MD, University of Washington, Seattle
- Maimoona Zariwala, PhD, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
The PCDF Advisory Council (AC) provides guidance and expertise to the PCDF in areas other than clinical, scientific and research.